Thank you for submitting an excellent business idea and congratulations on being selected as a finalist to move forward in Phase 2 of the competition. Phase 2 explores the business side of your idea where you will complete 13 Business Concept Questions to help you transform your concept into an actual viable business opportunity.
Watch your emails for important updates!
Now that you have been selected as a semifinalist, you must complete and submit the following items:
- Phase 2 Registration Part 1: Online Registration
(Must register by Saturday, March 9)
- Phas 2 Registration Part 2: Signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
(Must be signed and returned to Karen Brooks at HCOE by Saturday, March 9)
- Completed 13 Business Concept Questions Form
(Must submit completed question list by Friday, April 12 at 5 p.m.)
The Business Concept Questions form is a fillable Word form. Follow the link to download the form AND SAVE IT to your computer USING YOUR NAME as the filename. As you answer questions save your work often. Once your answers are completed, upload them electronically through the submission page.
Answer sets may also be submitted in person or by mail to the address below or e-mailed to email@example.com. Must still be received (not just postmarked) by the deadline above.
Humboldt County Office of Education
Decade of Difference Department
901 Myrtle Avenue, Eureka, CA 95501
13 Questions Resources
As a semi-finalist, there is HELP TO DEVELOP your business idea:
- Attend Answer Workshops to help you develop your idea into a business. Receive free professional coaching from our business community and gain valuable networking. It is highly recommended that you attend a workshop in each topic: research, marketing and finance. The coaching is personalized to your unique idea.
- Watch Business Concept Videos to help you understand the focus of each question. These are self-help videos, for each question, and can be replayed to help you to answer the question. If you are unable to come to a workshop, these videos are designed to help you understand the question.
13 Questions Workshops
Three key business workshops are provided to help transform your idea into a business start-up concept. Each topic is offered on three different days so that we can be flexible with your school schedule.
13 Questions Video Resources
Each Business Question has a corresponding video to help explain the reasoning behind the question. As with learning anything new, these concepts may seem foreign but are the building blocks of any business. You are learning real-world business concepts that every business must consider no matter how large or small. Replay them as often as you need to.
General Questions? Call (707) 445-7563 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.