Youth Entrepreneurship, Creativity & Innovation
How do we inspire our youth to be the entrepreneurial leaders of tomorrow? The Decade of Difference develops K-12 programs to infuse creativity, innovation and the entrepreneurial spirit in our schools.
Key to creating an entrepreneurial culture is inviting our business community to mentor young thinkers and provide first-hand knowledge of the principles, values and benefits of entrepreneurship and the Free Market system.
- Prepare Humboldt County students to be successful in college and careers.
- Provide our youth with career information and engage them in on-going activities promoting creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
- Actively engage parents, business leaders, schools and community members in the Initiative.
- Enhance existing entrepreneurship programs and strategically implement new opportunities.
Specific Action Plans
- Expand youth entrepreneurship offerings.
- Respond specifically to custom requests by Decade of Difference schools.
- Support the development of Elementary School entrepreneurial activities.
- Support the development of Middle School Crafting-up Business based on each school's niche interest.
- Continue to evolve and enhance INNOVATE! Business Challenge, the high school business start-up competition.
- Plan for and develop scalable models for all lessons, activities, and competitions.
- Providprofessional development to teachers about extended entrepreneurship opportunities through various media.